Capturing the world’s most innovative renewable energy projects.
ONE of our time-lapse and remote monitoring camera systems has recently finished two years of continuous capture for Air Products.
Above: A view from the camera system
Our purpose-built camera system produced a complete record of the new Tees Valley Renewable Energy Facility, which is the first of its kind in the UK. The gasification facility in County Durham is one of the most innovative energy projects in the world and is part of a government-led initiative that is expected to deliver £84 million of government savings.
The site will process 350,000 metric tons of non-renewable waste, converting it to produce 49.9MW of electricity – enough to power 100,000 homes.
During the 24 months the camera system was on site, it was constantly tested by serve weather conditions – including snow, sleet, gale-force winds and sub zero temperatures. However, we provided an unbroken service for the whole two year period, delivering the best and most reliable time-lapse and remote site monitoring services.
- This is just one of the many energy facilities projects we’re involved with, whilst past projects include:
- The capture of the Lincolnshire Energy from Waste Facility for Lincolnshire County Council and FCC Environment.
- Work for Essar to document the replacement of a ‘cracker head’ at their Stanlow refinery in Cheshire.
- Work to document an innovate energy conversion system for Hotrot and MTS in Kent.
- Our capture of major construction works for SNF Oil and Gas at their facility near to Billingham in the north east.
- The capture of many solar farms and solar panel installations.
OUR remote site monitoring systems continue to be a popular tool for companies in the energy and utilities industries, and this latest project for Air Products demonstrates our ability to capture seamlessly in some of the harshest environments.